You are not logged in.

#1 Tuesday 11th December 2018 17:16:57

azza123

Telematics Mobile Application to Enhance Driver Training

Hi Everyone ,
I am after some feedback from ADIs regarding an final year project that I am doing at university which is a telematics mobile application that will record actual real time data through sensors about the driving of learner drivers and present those results on a graph or diagram showing the data about the driving of the student in a meaningful format for the driving instructor to analyse and help improve the driver for his  actual practical driving test on any bad driving habits or faults such as harsh braking for example. In terms of requirements what data as ADIs are you interested in about learner drivers to find out through telematics?

It would be very useful if you can help me with this requirements regarding the mobile application and any feedback would helpful.
Thanks

Tuesday 11th December 2018 17:16:57

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Telematics Mobile Application to Enhance Driver Training

#2 Tuesday 11th December 2018 19:00:53

VandADI
Administrator

I am not sure how much of a response you will get with this as Highways England have already released a nationwide campaign called TheDrivingHub which is an app used by Learners/Driving Instructors/Parents.  This was extensively researched by Highways England via focus groups involving learners and driving instructors all across the country into what they would like to see in the app.  A vast amount of money has been invested in this project and I am not sure if your final year project could anywhere match that of what is already out on the market. How does your proposed project differ to what is already out on the market such as The Driving Hub?

#3 Tuesday 11th December 2018 22:41:34

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
I am sure that The Driving Hub does not have a telematics element.

However, I would ask azza 123; from where are you going to source the datum line of performance against which your system will measure the learners performance.

I am taking part in trials of a telematics device for older drivers, which measures my driving against a predetermined datum, I don't know what that datum point is, but i suspect it is higher than sufficient to pass a basic DVSA driving test and somewhere short of a RoADA Gold standard pass.

There is quite a large gap in standard between  those 2 criteria.

#4 Wednesday 12th December 2018 10:33:57

VandADI
Administrator

As far as I am aware, The Driving Hub is a Navigator Dashboard which is an online portal for Approved Driving Instructors (ADIs) to use to assist with lesson planning, teaching and learning strategies.

Both have been produced by Trak Global in partnership with Highways England, Driving Instructors Association, Department for Transport, DVSA, DVLA, Motor Schools Association GB, and the National Joint Council for Approved Driving Instructors .

The app allows users to track and review their learning and driving behaviour and for approved driving instructors to tailor future lessons. The app will record all progress of lessons, including:

• Road type travelled on

• Route maps

• Number of miles driven

• Breaking behaviour

• Learning points

Safety tip – do not use or interact with the app while driving.

#5 Saturday 22nd December 2018 16:27:12

azza123

Hi VandADI could you specify the last bullet point learning points as what kind of learning points do you mean ?

#6 Sunday 23rd December 2018 11:45:43

VandADI
Administrator

azza123 - by reviewing the data  this information can be used to form learning points, e.g. Identify the fault, analyise why it happened, then go on to rectify it.

Board footer