You are not logged in.

#1 Wednesday 19th September 2018 22:07:41

captainhookIam

ADI registraion

Hi guys I'm an old hat here - havn't been on for years used to be captainhook but couldn't remember my old email. Anyway. I'm wanting to train my daughter to be an ADI and can't remember a few things. Like my name anymore as I'm getting old. No seriously. So she will have held her licence for 3 years next Sep and I know you can register 6 months before etc as it will take 6 months to qualify.My question is this, it states quite clearly you can't sit next to a learner until held licence for 3 years - bit it then says but you can register to start qualifying at 6 months before because it will take you this long to qualify Right. So If she registers at 6 months before does her theory straight away and passes and part 2 as I will be training her early from now. Does her 40 hours asap and is done and ready for her trainee licence in about 2 months after registering - can she then get a trainee licence before she is at the 3 year threshold?

Hope this makes sense and I havnt waffled too much.

Martin

Wednesday 19th September 2018 22:07:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI registraion

#2 Thursday 20th September 2018 12:51:17

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Martin, nice to have you back.

The way I understand it, your daughter can begin training for part 1 and part 2 six months before the 3 year threshold and complete the 40 hours training,  but won't be eligible for a trainee licence until she meets the 3 year criteria as at this point she will be taking learners out and able to charge them.

#3 Thursday 20th September 2018 23:17:26

captainhookIam

Hi Vandadi. Long time. Your probably right. Bit of a dodgy word play on their part. Other thing is she has auto licence and I just thought she could do her exams in that and only teach auto which is what she wants. But looking into it red driving school are saying you have to have a manual licence and you can only ever do a part 3 in a manual and also do any check tests in a manual - but if your training pupils in an auto you are supposed to have a spare car just for check tests? Seems barmy. What do you think about this.

#4 Friday 21st September 2018 10:02:16

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Martin,
Red Driving School have given you incorrect information.

If you have a manual licence, you can take the test in either a manual or automatic car. You’ll be able to train people in both types of car when you’ve qualified.
If you have an automatic licence, you must take the test in an automatic car. You’ll only be able to train people in an automatic car when you’ve qualified.

You will find this information on the Gov.uk website under ADI Part 2 tests - Manual and Automatic cars.

https://www.gov.uk/adi-part-2-test/car-rules

#5 Friday 21st September 2018 23:38:22

captainhookIam

Hiya, yeah I found that a little after I sent the post. Cheers. It is on their website when I did an initial search for it. Maybe it has changed and that is an old webpage still listed.
Just out of interest do you know anywhere that does prompt cards for the new part 3 test - everywhere seems to still sell the old ones with pre set tests which are useless now.

Thanks

Martin

#6 Saturday 22nd September 2018 07:39:24

VandADI
Administrator

The DIA sell them smile

https://driving.org/product/dia-part-3-prompt-cards/

#7 Saturday 22nd September 2018 13:22:40

captainhookIam

Yeah thanks Vandadi, this is the link I was on, but that's what I mean. Its been almost a year since the driving test and part 3 tests have changed and no one has changed anything for teaching purposes. I know they will still have to teach either a beginner/part trained and a trained or flh but it is not pre set tests any more but rather a standard type lesson with all the new stuff.
Even the pupil progress card download from the DVSA still includes only left and right reverse and reverse parking parallel and into a bay. They expect us to transform our ways of teaching and passing, but without clarifying the process for everyone and having suitable reference material. its a joke.

Board footer