You are not logged in.

#51 Friday 21st March 2014 13:35:20

Tommy1

Re: Why you should have a dash camera

I use a blackvue, in the front and this as saved me my excess on a windscreen, by showing the culprit the video, when he overtook me at over 40mph in a 30 mph zone, kicking all the central rubble at my car, clearly seeing the stone hitting my windscreen, after a few raised voices ( not from me) he looked at the video, I suppose in after thought.
This young man was scared I may report him I suppose, he paid my excess and the matter was closed.
Also country lanes, if you suffer a side impact by the third party driving on your side, how can you prove this? This will automatically fall in the 50  50 claim, this can be proved by footage.
Crash for cash also, we are a prime target.

Friday 21st March 2014 13:35:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#52 Monday 12th February 2018 21:56:06

Mentor
Verified Member

Apologies for the resurrection of this old thread but I didn't see the point in starting a brand new one.
The importance of having a dash cam came to fruition on Saturday when my car was hit by a van that straight lined a roundabout. I have had a forward facing camera for a few years but last year fitted a rear one. Just as well I did as it was the rear one that provided clear evidence that the van driver was at fault. My pupil was turning right and kept within the lane markings. The van driver just went straight for it passing us on the roundabout and catching my nearside wing about half way down his van. He then had the cheek to say we didn't leave him enough room.
The cost of that rear camera has now been saved many times over.

#53 Monday 12th February 2018 22:35:31

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

I always feel a better driving around with a witness camera.
I have the Blackvue 550 but there are cheaper and smaller cameras available now, I use a Nuvi in my Mazda3 which is good little camera, but it nags!
"You have been driving a long time ..." "Shut up!"
And, in a real sharp voice: "Switch your lights on!!" "I HAVE GOT THE @#%$&! LIGHTS ON YOU *&%#@%!"

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#54 Wednesday 14th February 2018 01:04:40

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Another reason to have cameras is for "civic duty" purposes - if your camera picks up a crime in action e.g. a mugging, vehicle being stolen, housebreaking etc the police could make use of the video file.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer