You are not logged in.

#1 Thursday 24th September 2009 00:18:26

destiny hope

Another question......Advertising

Hi. Sorry another question. Am a little confused I am working with a driving school in my area and have a roof sign with their name and number but wanted to put some flyers up in my name saying i was a pdi giving lessons. However I had read that I would not be able to do this. I rang the DSA today and was told by a guy, who had to ask his supervisor, that I could. I am now confused. Does any one know whos right? Thanks Des :angel:

:0) passed part 2 22.06.09

Thursday 24th September 2009 00:18:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Another question......Advertising

#2 Thursday 24th September 2009 06:59:19

ADI Education
Verified Member
Website

I believe that you must not advertise yourself as a fully qualified ADI

I am a former Police Driving Instructor and Ex DSA ADI examiner. My qualifications include: BTEC Level 4 Police Driving Skills, BTEC Level 3 in Teaching Advanced driving, NVQ A1 Assessors awrard, DIAmond advanced test, RoSPA gold, Cardington A. I am a grade 6 DSA Instructor, fleet trained and a Class 1 Police Driver. www.janeclarkedrivinginstructortraining.co.uk

#3 Thursday 24th September 2009 07:26:28

collywobs
Verified Member
Website

Hi. Sorry another question. Am a little confused I am working with a driving school in my area and have a roof sign with their name and number but wanted to put some flyers up in my name saying i was a pdi giving lessons. However I had read that I would not be able to do this. I rang the DSA today and was told by a guy, who had to ask his supervisor, that I could. I am now confused. Does any one know whos right? Thanks Des :angel:

I was told that it was illegal to advertise whilst I was being sponsored by a Driving School as a PDI on a trainee licence.  However, I noticed that some PDI's were advertising themselves!

Colin Kentish
Grade 6 DSA Approved Driving Instructor (car)
www.colinkentish.co.uk

Dream as if you'll live for ever
Live as if you'll die today

#4 Thursday 24th September 2009 08:14:21

reddragonbus
Verified Member

lol typical DSA

My school have a rule in the conditions which prevent PDI's advertising themselves.

I think the precise DSA rule is not advertise as fully qualified, so read that as you like.

To be honest you need to spend your time and energy passing part 3 rather than trying to drum up work for yourself.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#5 Thursday 24th September 2009 08:27:38

KevB
Verified Member
Website

The wording of the guidance on DSA website changed about 2 years ago.

The current wording is  something like "Must not advertise as being fully qualified".

So, it now appears acceptable for a  PDI to self advertise, so long as it is clear s/he is not qualified.

the older wording gave the impression that a PDI's contact details could appear on advertising that advertised the driving school they were working with, but not on stand alone advertising.

Board footer