You are not logged in.

#1 Thursday 21st August 2008 20:10:56

Verified Member
Registered: Saturday 6th January 2007
Posts: 234

Spanish Bike Licence- Help!

Got a new learner today for car.
He mentioned he'd passed his bike test in Spain.
Can he swap that for a British one?

Any help much appreciated.

DSA ADI (car) -- DSA Fleet Driver Trainer [URL=]Grade 6[/URL] -- ORDIT Registered Trainer
Level 4 PTLLS, Rospa Gold, NVQ Level 3 Driving Instruction, A1 Assessors Award, [URL=]Brake[/URL] Road Safety Ambassador, DIA Taxi Trainer.
Visit us for [URL=]Driving Lessons[/URL] or [URL=]Fleet Driver Training[/URL]


Thursday 21st August 2008 20:10:56

Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Spanish Bike Licence- Help!

#2 Wednesday 29th July 2009 17:35:46

Verified Member
From: Portchester Nr Fareham
Registered: Sunday 26th July 2009
Posts: 53

Re: Spanish Bike Licence- Help!

Hi Johnnyfr,

I am really surprised this has not been answered.

What he can do is STILL USE his EU licence as a provisional for other classes of vehicle if he sends his Spanish licence to the DVLA who will issue to him a COUNTERPART with the other provisional categories he would be entitled to drive as a PROVISIONAL LICENCE.  Section 99A(1) Road Traffic Act 1988.

Because he is an EU citizen (like we are) he can use the Spanish one until it expires (photo 10 years - little card version (same as our paper counterpart - 70th birthdate).

If he were to commit an offence he would go to court as the Police could not issue a Fixed Penalty Ticket (FPT) and then the court would award penalty points after which the DVLA would then send him a counterpart WITH point thereon.



Board footer

Powered by FluxBB.