You are not logged in.

#1 Friday 22nd February 2019 10:41:31

WelshRoxy

Soooo Nervous!! I Need Advice :'(

Heya, I'm new here and I need some advice, I have my fist driving test on Monday!!

I'm so scared my instructor doesn't think I should do it, I can't do emergency stops, I know I'm going to mess it up like every other time I do it with my instructor, I'm scared if I do it and mess it up I'm going to be like screw this I'm done end up walking back and having him mouth off at me when I get back to the test center, I have no idea what the stupid show me tell me questions are, I have aspergers so even talking to him is messing me up, when I get nervous I can't even talk to my instructor. Parallel park is just I don't know it's not parralel thats for sure, and the reversing down the road thing I keep going into the middle off the road, roundabouts?! Don't even get my started I don't get them theres cars coming everywhere your supposed to pull out on lorries?! It's just stupidity, at junctions he's always saying I'm too hesitant, my postistioning is bad when I go fast like on bypasses I drift.

It's not my instructors fault he's a legend he's really paitent and understanding, he doesn't want me to do the test I agree, just says it'll be a waste of time and money, I'm just going to go there look like a moron and smash my confidence, give the examiner a good laugh. -.-
But everyone in my family is like no your doing it pass or fail I don't care your going for that test, but I'm also scared that my instructor will say oh your not listening to me? I'm not teaching you anymore sod off

What should I do?

I'm learning in Whitchurch Shropshire and everyone says not to pass in Whitchurch you must be a fish, it's the easiest place to pass (If anyone here knows it) Should I just say to my instructor lets just do a 2 hours lesson and say ohhh yeaaaa I failed, thats my plan as of right now

If I do go for the test should I take my instructor for when I balls up and go screw this

Last edited by WelshRoxy (Friday 22nd February 2019 10:56:39)

Friday 22nd February 2019 10:41:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Soooo Nervous!! I Need Advice :'(

#2 Friday 22nd February 2019 12:44:10

VandADI
Administrator

Hi there,
It is your instructor's fault!!  He doesn't want you to do the test, and YOU agree!! Why on earth is he allowing you to take it??? Your family should not be encouraging you to take it regardless, this is just downright dangerous and irresponsible of them to suggest it!
It is your instructor's responsibility to ensure you are ready for your driving test. He has a duty of care to you to only put you in for test when you are ready. From what you are saying, you are clearly not at test standard, therefore not ready. Your driving instructor is really doing you a dis-service as he clearly isn't abiding by the  ADI Code of Practice  as he should have done the following :"discuss with and advise a client when to apply for their driving tests, taking account of DVSA’s cancellation rules, local waiting times and the instructor’s forecast of a client’s potential for achieving the driving test pass standard".
My advice would be not to take your driving test, and find a driving instructor who can find a way in which you can learn and understand the requirements to drive safely.
If you do decide to take it anyway, get one of your family members to sit in, I guarantee they will Sh*t themselves!!

#3 Friday 22nd February 2019 14:14:07

WelshRoxy

He booked it for me, I had to give him like £60 something, on Monday just gone he did say theres still time to put it back but it will be atleast May before I get another test, I said yea I want to do that he said okay we'll have a chat to your mum after the lesson, so we got back to Sainsburys and my pearnts were like no! She's doing it thats that

#4 Friday 22nd February 2019 16:52:14

VandADI
Administrator

I just don't see the point of asking for advice when your parents have already made the decision for you. 
They are not the ones that are taking the test, you are. You and your driving instructor both know that you are not ready, however you are still going ahead with it.
What specific advice are you seeking?

#5 Friday 22nd February 2019 16:54:57

WelshRoxy

It's stupid to do it isn't it? If I don't feel ready, like my pearnts say oh he might just want extra lessons by him saying I'm not ready and I'm saying I don't want to do it because I'm nervous about it

#6 Friday 22nd February 2019 16:57:29

VandADI
Administrator

As you have said, both you and your instructor have said you are not ready.  If you are likely to cause a danger to others, the Examiner has the right to terminate the test and you will have to walk back to the test centre (unless your instructor accompanies with you, then he can drive back).

#7 Friday 22nd February 2019 16:59:34

WelshRoxy

I was more worried that he'd say to do an emergency stop I'd balls it up and give up, I didn't know we'd have to walk back! Omg screw that guarente it'll rain

#8 Friday 22nd February 2019 17:00:37

VandADI
Administrator

Even if you give up that is classed as a terminated test and you will end up walking back as the Examiner is not allowed to drive the car, and nor will you be.

#9 Friday 22nd February 2019 17:01:40

WelshRoxy

Why couldn't I drive? He's supervising

#10 Friday 22nd February 2019 17:02:59

VandADI
Administrator

The Examiner is not supervising. They are there to assess your driving. If you give up half way through the test it is classed as "terminated" at your request. However if you are a dangerous driver, it is "terminated" by the examiner.

#11 Friday 22nd February 2019 17:04:22

WelshRoxy

I'm on a whole different level of nerves now!!

I'm ringing my instructor tell him to cancel it, Thanks!

#12 Friday 22nd February 2019 17:04:24

VandADI
Administrator

If you are concerned that the test will be terminated one way or another, you should insist your instructor sits in on the back then he can drive.

#13 Friday 22nd February 2019 17:05:27

WelshRoxy

Wouldn't that be more pressure? He'll be watching everything I do wrong and he'll have a right moan especially if I do things wrong that he's always moaning about anyway

Mirrors -.-

Last edited by WelshRoxy (Friday 22nd February 2019 17:07:13)

#14 Friday 22nd February 2019 17:12:09

VandADI
Administrator

Either way, it's not looking good for you. If you cancel now you will lose the £62. The decision to cancel should have been made Wednesday of this week at the latest, which was down to your instructor to make that decision, so I suggest you have this discussion with him.

#15 Friday 22nd February 2019 17:14:08

WelshRoxy

What! Thats ridiclous if I lose £62 for nothing he's paying, he's going to ring me when he gets home about 7pm

Thanks for your help though

#16 Friday 22nd February 2019 17:17:50

VandADI
Administrator

Unfortunately it's instructors (like yours) that give the good ones a bad reputation, as I don't think he has been professional in giving you all the information you need to make an informative decision.
Good luck.

#17 Tuesday 26th February 2019 13:28:50

richie1966
Verified Member

Hi WelshRoxy. Did you cancel your test in the end? If you did indeed take the test how did you get on??

#18 Friday 1st March 2019 13:35:08

VandADI
Administrator

richie1966 wrote:

Hi WelshRoxy. Did you cancel your test in the end? If you did indeed take the test how did you get on??

I take it, that it didn't go well?

Board footer