You are not logged in.

#1 Tuesday 20th February 2018 07:52:58

richie1966
Verified Member

Show me question whilst driving

Have any of your students had the “show me” question regarding how you would demist the front windscreen? If so how much detail do they have to go into? Can they just identify the three control knobs and say “direction, blower, temperature” or do they need to set them?

Tuesday 20th February 2018 07:52:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Show me question whilst driving

#2 Tuesday 20th February 2018 18:09:05

Triplea35
Verified Member

My car does not have the 'control knobs' and although I show them how to adjust heat,direction and fan but feel it would be too much to do on the move.I think the old 'control knobs' with a simple turn all three to the right is easier. However it does have a simple clear windscreen  button (similar to rear) which puts on fan to max, direction and aircon. Demonstrating that button was always acceptable on the old show me/tell me questions so would presume ok for  the new test. Haven't sat in on a test where the question has been asked yet.

#3 Tuesday 20th February 2018 18:24:06

Joe24
Verified Member

I've had one asked this question. They turned up the fan.  Then turned down the fan. They mentioned the airflow settings but didn't touch as this was already set to the front windscreen setting. Job done.

Remember the question on the drive is SHOW ME so they do have to do a little more than just talk about the controls. The TELL ME question is asked at the start of the test.

Last edited by Joe24 (Tuesday 20th February 2018 18:25:57)

#4 Tuesday 20th February 2018 22:10:38

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
And of course on some cars they could switch on the electric heated elements.

#5 Sunday 1st July 2018 11:24:21

PaulLoaderADI
Verified Member
Website

I always set the fan direction to screen before a test, all they do is turn fans on.  They have never been asked to turn up heat - never had any complaints.

Paul Loader ADI
Automatic Driving Lessons Basingstoke
Driving School Website

Board footer