You are not logged in.

#26 09-06-12 12:50:53

Terrier
Banned

Re: Smart Driving

Fishie wrote:

I would say it is trainers like you have seen it as more profitable to train adi's up the learners. You have taken every person that has knocked on your door and churned out loads of people that if we are frank about it should not be in this profession. These are the type of person that can not run a business and have to resort to price.

How do you know how many people I have trained over the years and how do you know the quality of trainees I have produced. The answer is you don't so please do not make comments about the way I run my business because you don't know the facts.

AS far as greedy driving school owners profiting out of trainees, I know of plenty, for the last 25 years BSM has been one of the biggest offenders and then RED stepped in and added to the problem, so if anything you are the one "living with their head in the sand".

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

09-06-12 12:50:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#27 09-06-12 14:12:55

Daveyboy
Verified Member

willyO wrote:
You ! Me ! and every other registered adi in the whole of Great Britain. We choose a job and pay for registration every 4 years we have a right to a level playing field. We can cap the Armed forces, Police, Prison Service and the like because the Government says we only have so much money, so they cap! We have gone to a lot of trouble and expense to get to where we are, they have no right to put anyone on the scrapheap just because it's not their money

What about taxi drivers they are self employed.

Sometime ago with the above in mind I wrote to Mike Penning MP, who as we all know is currently the Under Secretary of State for Transport;

"Reference the Register of Approved Driving Instructors.

Within the Department of Transport is the Executive Agency of the Driving Standards Agency. The DSA is responsible for many areas of training and testing, but also they hold the register of approved driving instructors.

Over the many years there have been calls from instructors and instructor groups and associations for the register to be capped or closed. The DSA stance on this has always been the same; if a candidate manages to pass all the qualifying exams they have an automatic right to enter the register.

Whilst doing some research on another project I came across some legislation that allows local councils to restrict the number of taxi driver licences it issues;

Section 37 of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847, as amended by section 16 of the Transport Act 1985.

Further research shows in 2004 the DfT wrote a letter to local councils telling them they could restrict the number of taxi licences they issue.

www.natphleo.org.uk/content/js872md98gk/news/quantpolicies.doc

As the DSA, come under the DfT could we not have the same rules applied to the driving instructor profession?"

The reply I received was from the DSA, and of course they only state it's up to the government.

#28 09-06-12 16:04:28

ralge
Verified Member

Unfortunately the total number of vehicles on the road in the taxi market is not as controllable by Councils as you suggest.
The reason for that is in the legal status of the word "taxi" I.e. the vehicle, generally but not always a London-style (black) cab that has "taxi" on the roof and can be flagged down roadside. The number of these can, as you say, be limited by Councils.
They cannot, however, limit the number of private hire vehicles on the road (these can only take pre-booked fares and may not display the word "taxi".)

Last edited by ralge (09-06-12 16:05:26)

DSA Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Dip, PTLLS, Safed for Vans, NDAC/Speed Awareness on-road trainer, RoSPA RoAD Test Examiner.

#29 10-06-12 09:47:53

geebee
Verified Member

Can we go back to the OP please  i took him up on this offer . Over the last 12 years  I have purchased a few bits and bobs from smart driving and have always been happy with what i have received. So decided to take up this offer .  i  took the premium offer for £28  and that is what i got as i thought i was getting up graded to gold and all the benefits . i e-mailed him to check this out . And low and behold the offer was the standard  with the upgrade . and as i paid more than the standard he then upgraded me with a extra 3 months . i thought that was very fair and decent of him . I now have 15 months on the gold for £28 lots of good stuff on it and lots of downloads and good information for 15 months well worth the money in my opinion

Geebee

#30 19-09-16 16:27:08

unfortunately I had very bad experience with them. I advice friend of mine to join them because it is look like cheapest £1300 for all parts , most thing for them it is money , they took your money and hey leave you with your website , lots of rubbish content  and you have to do it , they do not let to book a test unless hey see your paper work , you waste a lot of time to finish the part 1, or part 2 the information you can find it any where on the web for free, you do not have to pay nothing  , but they cheat you in their advertising , and when my friend pass part 1 , and start reading part 2 , as soon he finish email them telling what he has to do now ?? they tell sorry you are late and we contract with you , you have to finish your paper work ( honestly it is rubbish paper work ) a month ago and now you have no right for face to face with our instructor and if you want that then you have to pay extra £800 for 2 days part 2 and 5 days part 3 , and we were shocked what you mean ?? i have paid £1300 to access your website and these information it is free on the web (regardless his extra rubbish you have to search foe tyres mad and diffrent between tyres or you have to explain for your student how to change a tyre and etc. ) , now my friend he is angry with me because he lost his money for nothing , and when we email them hey said we have very good reputation and it is your faults .believe me it is a doggy people and doggy unfortunately school owner.

Board footer